We make the most of all the resources we receive. Alchemist improves access to local and healthy food for thousands of low-income people, empowers under-resourced food entrepreneurs, and empowers neighborhoods to pursue grassroots solutions for food access and park creation. We have only a few employees and the dedication of our volunteers and interns to do a great deal of important work.
We provide meaningful resources and programs for individuals, families and communities who seek affordable, healthy food and community spaces. Our programs, presentations and informative materials reach across Sacramento and Yolo counties and across cultures and economic sectors.
Want more information about Alchemist, including summaries of our programs and financial reports? Please see our detailed profile by clicking here.
Donate online using your credit card:
More Ways to Donate
Your tax-deductible contribution to Alchemist CDC is vitally important to sustaining and expanding our programs.
There are almost as many easy ways to donate as there are reasons to support us.
Tax ID #: 20-1891448
What your donation buys:
- $500 provides a month of maintenance at a community pocket park.
- $346 allows us to operate CalFresh processing at one farmers’ market for a week.
- $200 provides fresh California-grown produce to 20 families through Market Match incentives.
- $50 allows us to purchase and plant one fruit tree.
- $15 allows us to start vegetable seedlings from seed for community gardens.
Recent Impact (as of July 28, 2022):
- 102 businesses have graduated from the Alchemist Microenterprise since Fall 2019.
- $800,381 in CalFresh and Market Match distributed at local farmers’ markets in 2021.
- $498,219 in CalFresh and Market Match distributed from January to June 2022.
Donate by mailing a check to:
4625 44th Street, Ste 33
Sacramento, CA 95820