Alchemist Kitchen Program Coordinator
Benefits: annually: 3 weeks vacation/PTO, 10 paid holidays, 1 day paid volunteer time off, 5 sick days.
Alchemist CDC, a Sacramento nonprofit, is seeking a 20 hour/week Alchemist Kitchen Program Coordinator to assist in the facilitation of the Alchemist Kitchen program (particularly the Alchemist Kitchen Incubator Program) and the management of Alchemist Kitchen- a shared-use kitchen for small food producers in Sacramento. Alchemist Kitchen primarily serves food entrepreneurs who have participated in Alchemist CDC’s food incubator programs (Alchemist Microenterprise Academy [AMA] and the Alchemist Kitchen Incubator Program [AKIP]), as well as entrepreneurs from the general public. Consistent with Alchemist CDC’s nonprofit mission, our target kitchen users are food entrepreneurs from low-income backgrounds or under-resourced communities.
The Alchemist Kitchen Program Coordinator will report to an Alchemist Kitchen Program Manager and oversee the operation and maintenance of the kitchen. The Program Coordinator will additionally work as an AKIP advisor with several entrepreneurs in the Alchemist Kitchen Incubator Program. Approximately 12 hours/week will be on-site at the Alchemist Kitchen (882 El Camino, Sacramento, CA 95818) with the remaining hours having the option for remote work. Hours in the kitchen must be on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Remaining remote hours are flexible but may be dependent on schedule of AKIP participants.
- Field inquiries from interested potential users and onboard new members
- Monitor scheduling of shared use kitchen
- Enforce kitchen rental and usage guidelines
- Keep kitchen properly stocked and clean
- Ensure adherence to food safety and usage guidelines for the kitchen
- Assist Program Manager with logistical support for meetings, trainings and facility operations
- Learn AKIP program outline and requirements
- Coach/advise 3-5 entrepreneurs in the Alchemist Kitchen Incubator Program
- Review benchmarks with AKIP participants and connect to resources
- Work with Program Manager to adjust program as needed to increase effectiveness
- Proficient with general computer skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Reliable verifiable transportation
- ServeSafe Manager’s Level certified preferred, we will provide testing for certification otherwise
- Background in food industry preferred.
Alchemist CDC values diversity among its workforce and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and/or status as a protected veteran.
**Note that Alchemist CDC has a COVID-19 vaccine mandate policy in place. The selected applicant will be required to show proof of full vaccination – (or valid verifiable exemption) before their employment begins.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org