Alchemist Community Development Corporation (CDC) is currently accepting applications for board members.
We are a community nonprofit organization based in Sacramento that is looking for local leaders to further social justice and community-driven deliverables.
Alchemist CDC is a mission-driven organization that connects communities to land, food and opportunity toward a vision in which all neighborhoods are vibrant, equitable, healthy and diverse. Community development corporations are historically known for responding to their community’s greatest needs. Alchemist CDC is known for enhancing the quality of life in under-resourced communities by improving access to healthy foods, implementing community-supported public green spaces, and fostering economic self-sufficiency through business entrepreneurship.
- Attend and actively participate in at least 75% of monthly board meetings, approximately 2 hours in length (currently on the 3rd Monday of the month)
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and related work (1-3 hours per month as determined by the committee)
- Attend and actively participate in the annual planning retreat (1 weekend day)
- Attend special events such as fundraisers, Alchemist Microenterprise Academy (AMA) graduations, and garden work days, etc.
- Respond to emails and board correspondence (2-4 month)
Financial and Resource Development Expectations
- Make an annual financial gift to the organization or secure an amount that is significant to the individual board member (in order to achieve 100% board giving)
- Meet with potential donors/funders to make a case for funding the organization, discuss our programs. (approx. 4 hours annually)
- Secure sponsors or make introductions with potential funders
- Secure donated goods for fundraisers/raffles
Accounting, fundraising, strategic planning, community development, landscape architecture, environmental justice, construction and planning, public policy, and human resources and employment law.
Existing community connections to neighborhoods we serve including Oak Park, North Sacramento, South Sacramento and surrounding areas.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive organization. Candidates who are women; Black, Indigenous and people of color; people with disabilities; LGBTQIA+; and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. For consideration, please submit a resume and a letter of interest (or the online interest form) to the Board President at JCutlip@alchemistcdc.org